East Coast and Central Listers

Subject: East Coast and Central Listers
From: FunbeamChuck <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:45:23 -0400
Sorry to bomb the entire list but I want to see if there is anyone on the
East Coast or in the middle to south central part of the country that is
going to the Lake Tahoe United.

Tomorrow AM, early I'm meeting up with my friend John Webber in his Tiger
and we are going to cruise on up to VIR near Danville, VA. John is going to
review four V-8 powered performance cars from the '60 for an article he is
writing for Classic Motorsports (formally Grassroots Motorsports). The cars
are a Tuscan, a 427 (real) Cobra, a GT-350, and my Tiger. We will stay up
thee thru Sunday as there is a big car show and historic races that weekend.
On Monday the 9th, I'm going to take 8 days to drive out to Lake Tahoe for
the United.  My tentative plans are, at least, to travel on/near I-40 out
and stop in Albuquerque, NM to see Jerry Porsch, a Tiger owner who used to
live in the Orlando area. I might even slip on down to San Diego for a day.
With 8 days to travel 5 days worth, I might even stop at some roadside
attractions along the way. Very flexible.

 I'll be heading back this way along I-10 or I-20. This, of course is
subject to change. I might come back I-70 if I go to SD on the way out.
Totally flexible. Plan B could be to go out I-70 and come back thru
Albuquerque and I-40 or 20. Since I'll be starting in VA, it would be just
as easy to go the I-70 route if someone from the NE is going.

Is there anyone that is going to the United that would like to hook up and
travel together?  After today until the 9th, I can be reached at the Comfort
Inn in Danville, VA (434-793-2000). Please leave a message.

Thanks.... and I look forward to seeing all the West Coasters I met at SUNI
again and meeting the great one, Carroll Shelby. I hope to get him to sign
the Funbeam.

All the Best,
FunbeamChuck