Bugbear (not in here)

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugbear (not in here)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:24:05 -0700
Listers,

As a public service, I am copying a part of an article from
http://www.macintouch.com/ , a much respected Macintosh web site,
concerning the Bugbear WINDOWS worm, and how a message with my name
could have been sent to the list. Note, it was gleaned from a
recipient's Windows in-box. The article (should be there through the
weekend) continues with more technical stuff on the Windows new virus.

Steve

Quote:

Bugbear
<http://www.messagelabs.com/news/virusnews/detail/default.asp?contentItemId=427&region=america>

is a nasty new Windows worm that can affect Mac users by hijacking our
email addresses from Windows systems (although the worm code itself
should not execute on the Mac). You may receive error messages from
emails sent by the worm to any victim with your hijacked email address
in the "From" field, and you may receive worm emails with any randomly
hijacked email address in the "From" field. A MessageLabs release
describes the worm:

--

Steve Laifman
Editor