Re: the Monterey Historics

To: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>,
Subject: Re: the Monterey Historics
From: "Sharon Mountjoy" <mtjoy@telis.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:52:42 -0700
You've got it right except the parts swap happened when Alan Frasier had the
car.  Bernard Unett was one of the development engineers with Rootes Group
on the Le Mans Tiger project.  After the "embarrassment" at Le Mans the two
race cars never returned to the Competition Department; they went to the
Engineering Dept. where, according to Marcus Chambers, Bernard Unett was
"lent"  180B.  He was the one responsible for notching the firewall for the
"proper" 289 with 48 IDAs, the 5-link rear suspension and campaigning the
car VERY successfully in the Redex Championship Series in 64/65.  This was
the suspension (along with the front) that was taken out of my car and
supplied to the Monster Tiger at Alan Frasier Racing.

Darrell