Re: More questions...Tiger Side Trim...

To: Dan & Lori Fitzgerald <danlorifitz@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: More questions...Tiger Side Trim...
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:08:25 -0700
One more thing.

The front fender first clip, and the rear fender last clip are NOT
snap-on rivet type heads, nor the nylon substitutes, but square headed
(thin) bolts that are attached with nuts and lock washer. Mild steel, of
course, so they can rust.

I replaced mine with small stainless steel bolts.  Filed the head
square, then thinned it down to slide in the groove clearance in the
trim.  Inserted through existing hole (in my case) and bolted down after
all is aligned.  Head accessible from inside trunk and front fenderwell.

A small amount of work in the ONLY place the back side is accessible,
and well worth a set of cheap jeweler's files.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor