Re: Jetbikes questions

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>, jetbike@worldlynx.net
Subject: Re: Jetbikes questions
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:19:32 -0400
Dear Jetbike,

When I originally wrote that I had to leave the west coast United for
home early, I get the feeling that  you thought I was returning to my
beach house at Half Moon Bay. Actually, I had to fly back to my home(and
my Tiger's home) in Boston. i.e. I'm fluent in east coast.

I know about winter and Tigers. I can't remember the number of mornings
I left for my office in the morning this past winter to find that
horrible mixture of salt and sand on the roads. It bothers me to drive
throughout this junk in my BMW, never subjecting a Tiger to it.

When I brought up the issue of garage time versus sleep time, it has
probably now occurred to you that it was with a mixture of humor and not
a small amount of envy(on my part). I would love to the time and
proximity to spend more time with the CAT, STOA, and PTC folks, simply
from the standpoint of being able to spend more of the year in
Tigers.Humor also had something to do with kidding Larry P. If he takes
issue with it, I probably find out when we meet at the United in PA in
September.

I wasn't making a value judgment about anyones' dedication to Tigers
back here, but with three separate west coast clubs, and one that covers
east of the Mississippi, it says something about the amount of time, and
the number of Tiger fans in the areas.When TE/AE or local branches of it
hold monthly meetings, even for the warmer months, then we'll have the
beginnings of a club that approaches the activity of the west coast
clubs.It's not value judgment. It's just one of the differences.

As for SUNI locations, it takes a combination of the number of owners
really willing to attend, a location which must double for some as a
vacation destination(SUNI's usually last for a complete week), and
temperate weather. and remember the second SUNI was at Lake Geneva,
Wisconsin. Merely being exactly half way isn't a factor. If a sufficient
number of east coast folks committed to having the location in the east,
I'm sure Max and the other planners would listen.

Finally, whether you buy into this new facet of cars like the WRX and
the new Mitsu EVO VIII, this is currently where the technical action is
now. Remember these are four cylinder cars with NET horsepower a little
under 300hp. What was the Tiger 2? 200 hp gross? Believe me, these are
the new muscle cars.

Rande Bellman
B382000048
BOSTON