Heat shields?

To: "Tiger List \(Tiger List\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat shields?
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:03:34 -0700
I'm test fitting my headers to my engine before sending the headers off
to be jet-hot coated.  It looks to me like the original motor mount heat
shields will have to be severely trimmed to work with the headers.
After trimming it doesn't look like the heat shields will be as
effective.  I also note that the heat shields are probably more
effective with stock log-type manifolds than they will be with tube
headers.  I'm considering deleting the heat shields in this application,
I guess I'm willing to replace the mounts more frequently as a price to
pay for the headers even though those mounts are pretty damn expensive!

What have others done with respect to the heat shields when running
headers?

Frank
B9471116