Thanks for the Memories

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks for the Memories
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:52:28 -0700
Tigers,

While certainly off the Tiger List subject matter, I wish impose to
share a brief message of appreciation for the very special gifts of
devotion and humor given to us for over 100 years by Bob Hope.

We will miss you, Bob.  I recall only nice things being said about you,
a claim few can match.  Your devotion to your country's military,
regardless of your personal feelings about any particular confrontation,
show the measure of your heart.

You never created humor out of other's misfortune, or beliefs, nor had a
bad word to say about anyone.

Bless you for what you have given your chosen country. Heaven now has
one of our very best.

A few timeless jokes you have told can be kept by the Library of
Congress, some 85,000 pages, and recycled as the world does not change,
only the names:

Examples:

Ten years before 9-11:

"The Airlines are really getting security-concious.  You can still fly,
but they won't tell you where you are going."

"I don't understand terrorists. How can anyone get so angry, so
involved, so worked up about anything? .... I mean outside of golf."
(cars?)

"The other day at the L.A. airport they searched Miss (sexy female movie
star) for three hours. And she was getting OFF the plane. ... What
bugged her the most is that six of the guards were from another airport."

Appreciate the time, Tigers,

and Bob: - "Thanks for the memories"

Steve

--