Hard Top Refinishing Advice Sought

To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard Top Refinishing Advice Sought
From: Mark Burnett <2mbb@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:23:21 -0700
Out of lurker mode...I tore apart my hard top this weekend.  Now I've
got to get it back together before winter comes.  I've got a couple of
questions that I'm hoping the expertise of the list can help with.
 First, getting the old paint off.  What's the recommended method--media
blasting or chemical dipping?  Or is there something else?  Second,
should I paint or powder coat.  I've decided to got with a black hard
top, mostly because I'm redoing the hardtop before I've decided what
color I'm going to paint the car.  I have this impression that powder
coat is going to be more durable, which might be a good thing since the
top gets put on and off every year.  But I'm worried that the baking
part of the process might cause the top to deform.  Anybody have any
ideas or comments?  Thanks in advance.

Mark Burnett
B9471102