Re: Brakes without booster

To: CE25593@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes without booster
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:13:15 EDT
Bob,
I recently switched from a stock master cylinder to a smaller diameter.  I
believe the new one is 0.75" and I think was standard in the early Alpines.
The
one I got had to have the push rod modified so that is something to ask if
you purchase.

I drove for 3 years without the booster on the stock MC and it wasn't too
bad.  I would guess that this smaller diameter MC reduces pedal effort by about
20-25%.  There is a small amount of extra pedal travel, but in my case, it was
very small and I am quite satisfied with this arrangement.
Mark L.