Re: Rostyle wheels

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rostyle wheels
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:14:14 -0400
I know I'm commenting late on this issue, but...

Stu is right about using Capri wheels on the Tigers. When I drove my
1977 Capri II to the boneyard (the frame was in horrible shape at that
time) I asked the folks there to give me back my wheels and tires, and
that's what I'm using now to roll my car around the garage with.

If you have a choice, you want to look for the Rostyles that were fitted
to the Capri II with V6 option, because they're wider, and the standard
tire they take is the 185/70/13, and you can use the Capri chrome lug nuts.

I don't know if you'll find any Capri's still in sunbelt boneyards, but
you may be able to find the wheels on Ebay by searching for 'ford capri
wheels'. The Capri I (1970-1974) wheels will also bolt up, they're just
not as wide. Try to make sure you get the center caps with the wheels,
too. Also, try to make sure when you buy wheels that they are from U.S.
market Capri's. Some of the lower trim level Capri's made for England
and European markets weren't Rostyle, but solid silver wheels similar to
the stock Tiger and Alpines.