More knocking problems

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: More knocking problems
From: "Colin Mills" <colin.mills@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:01:41 +0200
Steve Sage's washer bottle bracket reminded me a couple of problems I
have lived with for years:
1.  The dynamo connecting with the steering column UJ.  The standard fan
belt isn't long enough to allow the dynamo to be lifted well clear, but
I have managed to limit the contact to bumpy roads when it makes the
steering a bit jerky!  What's the answer?  Longer fan belt and move the
dynamo?  File a bit off the dynamo and/or UJ?  Or is there a better idea
out there?
2.  The prop shaft UJ connecting with the underside of the car on very
rough surfaces of left hand bends.  More filing?
Thanks.
Colin Mills
B9474307