More welding questions???

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: More welding questions???
From: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:11:36 -0600
I finally got this welder I borrowed to work and I am beginning to think my
welds look pretty good for an amateur. Have ordered a new roller for the
wire feed so I can change out the wire to 0.023 solid with a 25/75 Argon
mix. Been practicing with 0.030 and my welds look pretty fair. At least they
look as good as anything I would get around these parts. Now I am thinking
about doing some of my own repairs on my Jensen Healey and was wondering
about the use of some of the spot weld removers that I have seen on sites
like Eastwood, Harbor Freight, etc. Do these really work? And if they work,
which ones are better to buy? I have seen two different types. Most of the
spot welds that I want to remove are about a 1/4 inch in diameter. What size
do you recommend I purchase or should I spend the money and get the 4 bit
kit; 1/4 inch, 5/16, 3/8 and 1/2 inch? How many spot welds can I
realistically remove with these tools? The write-ups say they are good for
up to 300 spot welds. I'll believe it when I see it! Also, one of the
modifications I need to make is removing the "C" channel under the door
glass which is spot welded in place. Once these are removed I need to tac
weld two bolts to the metal that is mounted to the bottom of the door glass
so I can bolt on the new  "C" channel and it remain adjustable. Can I tac
weld the bolts to the metal while still mounted to the glass? There is a
sealant between the glass and the metal but I don't want to damage the
glass. Any feedback is always appreciated and I wouldn't be able to do any
of this without all the input I get from everyone on these lists. I thank
everyone who has assisted me by providing feedback to all my questions.

Thanks again for all input,
Dan Eiland