Re: Refinishing Tiger Air Cleaner

To: Todd Gifford <tgifford@dee-inc.com>
Subject: Re: Refinishing Tiger Air Cleaner
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:10:31 -0700
Todd,

Hammertone "silver" is correct.  Paint striping depends on condition. If
it's just dull, then all you need do is uses fine garnet paper to prep
the surface.  If it's cruddy, or rusty, it may need removing. I would
NOT recommend "sand blasting" as that is very crude, and can damage the
surface if the wrong grade or pressure.  Use glass bead or walnut shell
blasting.  Doesn't take off much, and doesn't damage the material.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor