Re: Fw: Harrington Tiger

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Harrington Tiger
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:31:09 -0700
To me there can be no comparision in value or desireability between LeMans
Tigers and the Harrington.
Cars with real race history can have a new life in vintage races. This
increases the pool of potential owners and that means higher prices.

The Harrington will spend its entire existence in a collection or maybe
seeing the road, a few miles a year.

A better comparision would be to study how the prices of some of the
Ferrari's with one of a kind coachwork compare in prices to the standard.
If the coachwork was beautiful they sell at a premium above the car they
were derived from. If the body was a little too Avante Garde the premium is
almost nonexistent.  In either case, they do not sell for anything near the
price of competition  Ferrari's with race history.

I wish Bill all the luck in the world selling Harry, but I will be shocked
if it sells for half his asking price.  Here's hoping the new buyer is a
Tiger lover and member of the fraternity.

Le Mans #9 sold at a public auction.   A little web surfing will probably
turn up the selling price.

Erich

PS
Steve
I finished modifiying the filter.  Shoot me your street address and I will
UPS it to you.
ec