RE: ABC News Tonight

To: wgbell@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: ABC News Tonight
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:37:38 +0000
A few years back I inherited a set of Continentals on some rims I wanted.  I
contacted the manufacturer, and they recommended not going beyond 7 years.  As
mine passed 10, with plenty of rubber left, I had cracks appearing in the tread
rubber....

The original tires on my 1980 Jetta lasted until around 1990, because of a
short commute, and having a set of winter tires for snow season.  Despite
having tread left, two of them started wobbling because of tread separation
within a couple months of each other.

Does that tell you anything?

Stu