RE: A Cautionary Tiger Tale

To: "'Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: A Cautionary Tiger Tale
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:37:58 -0400
Steve
        Glad you found the problem and some collateral problems that could
bit you at the worst moment.   I like to carry extra vacuum plugs just in
case and I like to secure vacuum plugs with small plastic Tyraps to keep
them in place.   I have had several vacuum plugs blow off on other cars.
        I suggest to everyone to regularly pull vacuum lines off and squeeze
the hose to check the inside for splits.   Vacuum hose generally splits on
the inside first.   Vacuum plugs generally loose there grip on the tube due
to heat and age and should also be checked.

Happy Motoring again Steve

Ron Fraser

---