RE: Driver's side inlet water pump.

To: "'Theo Smit'" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Driver's side inlet water pump.
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:12:46 -0500
Theo
        I have seen an article about this but I can't remember where at the
moment.  Hot Rod Magazine?  FordMuscle.com?

The water pump for the 5.0 with the serpentine belt has reverse rotation.

You need a standard rotation water pump to use with V belts.

Ford Motorsport catalog lists several standard rotation water pumps for V
belt drive with the inlet on the driver's side. M-8501-D351, M-8501-G351,
M-8501-F351; www.fordracing.com/performanceparts

Another possibility is pressing a standard rotation impeller into the 5.0
water pump housing.   I have never checked into this so I don't know if it
would work.

Ron Fraser