500 or 650 carbs - thanks!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 500 or 650 carbs - thanks!
From: "Almjeld, Paul" <PaAlmjel@dwu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:12:30 -0600
Thanks to all who responded to my query regarding carburation for my Tiger.
The prevailing response has been that a 500 cfm will perform very well with
the 289.

What I'm attempting to do is recreate a bit of my youth, I guess.  My very
first new car was a '65 Chevelle Super Sport with a 283, 4 speed, posi, 4 bbl.
I got excellent performance from it.  It was dependable, went very fast when
asked, and never let me down when guys with Mustangs wanted to do some highway
racing.  I twice drove it from Minnesota to Alaska and traveled around Alaska
for two years in it.  I think there was no small degree of luck associated
with its performance - it just flat out went fast and did it so easily!  I ran
it against bigger blocks with higher horsepower ratings and it never let me
down.  I'm looking for the same sort of thrill with the Tiger.

again, thanks to all who responded.  I appreciate it.  From blustery SD,

Dr. Paul Almjeld
Professor of Music
Dakota Wesleyan University
paalmjel@dwu.edu