Re: 289 Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 289 Question
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:18:46 -0800
Didn't quite get the list address right on the first try, so here it
comes
again.

Hi Jay,

Not sure what's going on re: your water-in-the-oil-line question, but
as John Logan pointed out the oil pressure sensor screws into the
front-left side of the block, not the timing cover.

But I do have a question for you, or any other list members who cares
to respond.  When I installed the bell housing on my rebuilt 5-bolt 289
I was told by a local vintage Mustang parts supplier that new rubber
dust boots for the clutch arm were not available.  However,
I see that Sunbeam Specialties lists them in their on-line catalog.  I'm
wondering if this is for a 5-bolt motor or a 6-bolt motor, or if perhaps
they are one in the same?

BTW, a good reference book to have on hand for your 289 is Tom
Monroe's HOW TO REBUILD YOUR SMALL-BLOCK FORD.

Roland