Valve covers/302

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve covers/302
From: "lgooch" <lgooch@satx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 21:53:48 -0800
Spent some time on the motors today and I have 2 questions.

1. I have the 2 motors sitting side by side, the 260 and the 302 looking at
them what I noticed is the valve covers on the 302 are taller. I measured and
the 302 is 3 inch tall and the 260 was 2 inches. I assume the 260 covers will
not work on the 302. Do the LAT valve covers work?

2. I tried a universal puller for the 302 Harmonic balance and it doesn't
move. I am spraying liberally w/ a rust eater not WD40. Yes the bolt holding
the HB is out. Going to look for a more specific puller vs universal as the
universal only lets me use 2 bolts instead of 4 that are there. What else can
I try?
Thanks Lewis