RE: Need some Info Please

To: Jen/Scott <jsloan798@earthlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need some Info Please
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:42:04 -0700
Hi Scott,

The 70's Chevelle rear axles are probably a foot wider than the Tiger,
so the only way one of those would have gone into the car would be with
serious surgery to either the axle housing, the car, or both.

The Dana 44 was original equipment on all Tigers with a 2.88 ratio and
open differential. The LAT options included a Salisbury type limited
slip and gear ratios ranging from 3.31 to 3.73. Other ratios are also
available, and I think that you can also get Torsen type limited slip
diffs.

Disc brakes - a common conversion is to use Fiat calipers and (someone
else's) discs - I can't remember which type exactly. If you want an
emergency brake with rear discs, then you pretty much have to source a
caliper from an OEM rear-disc-brake application. Not Volvo's because
they used a separate miniature drum brake for the emergency brake.

I'm sure some of the other Listers will fill in other details.

Theo