Re: fuel pump

To: Scott Hutchinson <shutchin@netjets.com>
Subject: Re: fuel pump
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:34:36 -0800
Congratulations, Scott

Sounds great.  Not sure what "twin barrel SU pump" you are referring
to.  The Tiger's all came with 2 barrel carbs, stock.  The 4 barrel was
a LAT option, but did not include a pump change option.  There have been
twin SU carbs on many cars, ranging from 1 liter to 4 liters
displacement, but they were not  the same pump, of course.  The Alpine
used Stromberg carbs, and a mechanical fuel pump (at least my S 5 did.)

The Mk I factory parts list is on the TigersUnited.com web site, under
"Rootes Tiger Parts List", and can be viewed and printed either in it's
entirety,  or by the section you are interested in.  The fuel pump
manufacturer's and Rootes identity is included, but there is only the
one, as far as I know.

My F4B 4 barrel is working fine with it.  I have not heard that specific
complaint before, but many use after market performance electric pumps,
which are available through catalog dealers, also listed under "Online
Resources" on the web site.

Facet racing fuel pumps can be found at:

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pdfs/037.pdf

Luck,

Steve

--