Welcome!

To: "'Christian Gerzner'" <christiang@integritynet.com.au>,
Subject: Welcome!
From: "Sencindiver James D (Jim) NSSC" <SencindiverJD@navsea.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:03:13 -0500
Welcome to the crazy world of Tigering.  You may want to check with the
"Authorities" about using a LHD vehicle.  I know here in the United States
RHD cars are OK (but are rare) for use on public roads.  A rough estimate is
that about 1000 of the 7085 Tigers produced were RHD.  I'm sure someone on
the list will have a better number, but it's an estimate.  It's also
estimated that only about 2500 Tigers are left.  Doing the math, that would
leave about 350 RHD Tigers left in the world.  Conversion of a LHD to RHD is
not easy, but if your restorer is as good as you say, they could do it.  As
far as getting a real Tiger, instead of a converted Alpine (called an Alger)
the Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association (STOA) runs a Tiger Authenticating
program, accessed from their website: http://www.engravers.com/tiger/

You should also visit the TigersUnited website: http://www.tigersunited.com
Lots of Tiger info and links to be found.

Good luck in your search

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver, IWS1A54A
Combat Systems Engineer