Leaf Springs

To: "Tiger Post" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaf Springs
From: "Matthew Bouchelle" <66Tiger@ij.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 23:08:47 -0500
So today's project was to disassemble and sandblast the leaf springs for
powder coating.  To my surprise, my leaves were definitely machine gray,
identical to the seat frames, not the black usually mentioned in various
Tiger literature.  There may have been black paint on the edges (as if they
had been sprayed after being assembled) but the material came off more like
grease.  If the leaves ever had black paint on them, it was water paint and
washed off years ago.  The machine gray was relatively good paint and was
exposed almost immediately upon appling the sandblast stream.  Does anyone
know the story of the Tiger's leaf springs?  Were they assembled in machine
gray and then sprayed black somewhere along the assembly process?  I kind of
like the idea making them machine gray to mix up the colors under there.

Thanks,
Matt
B9472103