Re: Flywheel Identification

To: Anthony & Susan <jetbike@worldlynx.net>
Subject: Re: Flywheel Identification
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:57:28 -0800
Tony,

According to the Rootes Factory Parts List Supplement for the Sunbeam
"260", downloadable as a PDF from http://www.TigersUnited.com at "Rootes
Tiger Parts List" / "Section AF - Engine (Motor) - or the complete Parts
List on the same page:

http://www.tigersunited.com/parts_rs260/factparts.asp

The Rootes Part Number for the FLYWHEEL AND STARTER RING (Gear) is
6100442, and the
FORD part number is C4OZ-6375-A

The Starter Ring Gear bears a separate number, for item replacement, of
6100159, or FORD C2OZ-6384-A, and is described as:
"Starter ring (Gear) - 160 teeth - 13.258" O.D.

Note the 160 tooth count.  So now you know that 160 is correct, at least
according to Ford and Rootes.

Since these were NOT Hi Po engines, you will need to find the FORD part
numbers, on the parts.  The casting numbers indicate only the cast
condition, and do not include any subsequent machining operations.

This Parts List covers the original Tiger, including the Top Loader
transmission version, and probably dates to 1963, although this is the
2nd issue.

Good Luck,

Steve

--