Ram Air Box - Ready to Fabricate and need a head count

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ram Air Box - Ready to Fabricate and need a head count
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:10:45 -0500
Listers,
I have things moving along with the seat covers and will ship those to the
people who have purchased them in March but I just heard back from the
fabrication company about the cost of the Ram Air box for use with an LAT
hood or a stock hood with a cobra or LAT Hood scoop.
The cost to produce these is significant so I need to check and see what
kind of interest there is as I have to produce at least 25 to make it worth
while for the fab shop.

I have made this box for use with a RPM performer manifold and a Holley 4779
750 CFM double pump Carb. It fits very well and I am debating whether to
have the carb hole cut out or just cut a small one sixteenth center hole and
etch it so it can be used for multiple arrangements.

I can make them 2 ways both versions will be about one sixteenth inch
aluminum, 1 way is to make them flat and just laser cut the pieces for
around $200 and have them assembled by the end user or version 2 would be
fully welded and assembled for $275 with only the carb hole to cut out, (or
I can precut the hole for the Holley 750) If anyone is out there with a
stock arrangement I would be happy to modify this for the stock carb and LAT
hood. I just need someone to volunteer.

The base has allowed me to run a half inch taller filter under the stock
hood, seals to the underside of the hood and seems to provide positive
results.

Anyone interested in this please send me a note indicating interest lest I
not bother to make any more. I have one for my car and that is all I was
concerned about. Last time I checked there was about 20 guys that wanted one
so if you are still out there send me a note and get put on the list. This
is likely to be a ONE TIME DEAL so if you want one you better step up.

I can send out the photos if you wish

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager