Shift boot installation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Shift boot installation
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:15:41 EST
Thanks all for the response on the side moldings.  Next question:

I need to install the shift boot to the shifter.  Currently the car has an
aftermarket generic neoprene boot jury-rigged to the shifter.  I have the
original ring and have found a source for an exact repop of the boot that came
with
the car.  Looking at everything, including the service manual, I get the
impression that if I start unbolting stuff some springs and fitment are going
give me huge problems.  How do I get the boot past the reverse lock-out.

Thanks.