Compressors

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compressors
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:23:26 -0500
A question about compressor tanks.  Mine has been in use only a couple
months, but when I drain it, the water that comes out is already rust
colored.  Since half the labels and every other paragraph in the book
warn about rusty tanks exploding, this got me to thinking.  Since the
rust appeared so quickly, I must assume that there is nothing but bare
metal inside the tank.  Is this common?

Do any manufacturers put a coating on the inside?  Has anyone done a do
it yourself coating job?  If so, with what?  I was thinking of oil,
dumping in some Rustoleum and sloshing it around, or maybe one of those
fuel tank sealer kits.  Any other ideas out there?

Stu