Belts, mags & wings

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Belts, mags & wings
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:54:06 -0500
Jan Servaites wrote:
>              "I am convinced that human flight is
>            possible and practical."
>                             -- Wilbur Wright, 1899

Yeah, but tell that to the 35000 of us standing in the cold rain last December
in Kitty Hawk, and all we got to see was "the Hop".

David Sosna wrote:

>On page 45, which offers a sneak peek at next month's
>cover, they've blacked out the images of the two E-type alternatives
>which "offer all the punch, thrills and prestige of Jaguar's sports icon
>at half the price".
>Anyone find the front silhouette *very* familiar?

Well, whaddaya know? I got my C&S yesterday, and only started looking through
it, starting with the "Inter" article (Cool!). Yes, both silhouettes look
familiar... and if the other one is a Big Healey, I don't think those are
"half the price of an E-Type" anymore.

Bob Nersesian Wrote:
>I had a similar but not identical problem.  I installed period correct NOS
>Kangol belts (E-Type option in sixties).

I've been following this thread; not sure if I have anything to offer on the
topic. Last week a neighbor, moving out and clearing out his basement, gave me
a set of belts his father bought for his Landy back in the 1960's and never
installed. They say "Lift" on the front of the buckle, but surely that cannot
be the name. (:O) They say "Irvin" on the back, with a parachute motif; these
are in really virgin condition, they even smell new. I think I'll install
these in place of the J. C. Junk belts I put in nine years ago. I think I'll
stick with lap belts; one thing I've been made aware of through the Miata
community is the relationship between the top of the bar and the top of my
head. The Miata's bar -- the tallest available -- is maybe 1.5 inches above my
head, the Tiger's bar is perhaps 1.75 inches lower than that. Ouch! Thus, the
idea of being belted in bolt-upright still scares me.

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no -- Satis-traction"