Fan Question

Subject: Fan Question
From: Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:52:14 -0800
I'm planning on completely re-doing my AC installation to make it blow
cold in really hot weather this summer, and I'm going to do some
modifications to the inside sheetmetal (inside the air intake) to get
more fresh air across what will be my new radiator.

Have any Tigers had success with getting rid of the stock fan
configuration and going with a large (say 16") puller fan, with or
without a shroud? I want to get some serious airflow through the
radiator at idle and low speeds.

I am probably going to get rid of the AC condensor from under the trunk,
where it is now, and install a custom sized condensor in what will be a
modified front valance, with the Alpine crank tube removed. along with
some of the valance sheet metal. The idea will be that the condensor
will cover very little, if any of the radiator when I'm done.

Also, thanks to everyone's suggestions about the Tiger "shutting down"
in the wet weather a few weeks ago. In the last rains last week, no
problem. I'm pretty sure the earlier failure came from a bad gound from
the battery negative cable. I cleaned it up and tightened things down
(the bolt onto the body was not on very tight), and so far, so good.

Steve Sage