RHD tiger for sale

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RHD tiger for sale
From: "Derek White" <derekw@sltnet.lk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:21:05 +0500
Hi all,

Sadly, I may have to sell my tiger. I am unlikely to get back to Africa soon
since Bob Mugabe has proven more resilient than any of us would have betted.
The restorer who was going to put it back together for me cannot get
anything done now so I either have to sell it or ship it out somewhere else.
I was hoping to have it finished by now so that I could enjoy it but I'll
probably be moving to Sweden at the end of the year and the RHD plus the
speed thing doesn't work too well there plus I won't have anywhere to store
it. I'm still having 4140 tiger fulcrum pins made and the current batch of
40 will be ready soon (last call!)

The car is a straight, painted red shell (brighter red than the original
colour) with almost everything new ready to go back on incl. new Edelbrock
heads and all the other good engine bits (dynamically balanced crank,
polished ported etc.), new minlites, carpets, glass and rubbers, new Swedish
leather for the seats/interior, most of the chrome bits new, Getrag 265
5-speed (good for 400+bhp) Wilwood vented brakes front and Ford calipers
rear, braided hoses, larger aluminium radiator, Volvo fan, pusher fan, 4140
uprated fulcrum pins and new bushes, Motolita steering with tiger boss,
burled walnut dash, new white top, all the best engine bits are new (MSD
dist. and 6A, comp cam and valve springs, stainless headers that need some
welding to finish, RPM manifold, Holley 650, HD oil pump and water pump,
forged TRW pistons, billet steel flywheel, roller rockers, TRW pushrods, ARP
bolts, centerforce clutch, oil cooler with braided hoses, new springs and
uprated AR bar, etc etc.

The big advantage to anyone wanting to import it is that as a shell and a
box full of parts it will be lower on the duties (I paid $150 duties taking
it into Zimbabwe from Zambia!) Wasn't there someone in Oz looking for a
genuine RHD tiger? I am guessing that a container to EU or US or OZ will be
about $2-3000 so I am willing to throw in a complete but rough 1961 Lancia
Flaminia PF coupe for free to fill up the container and help cover the
shipping cost. I am open to offers and can get pictures of both cars for
anyone interested.

cheers, Derek

Derek White
37/2 Buller's Lane