Re: Front suspension advice needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Front suspension advice needed
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:19:57 -0800
Mark,
  Interesting. I put the CAT springs in my Tiger and simulated the missing
weight for a typical Tiger with half a tankof gas (and then for a full tank
for that matter). My car was too high in the front. I guess each one is
"taylor made" to fit the fustration of whoever is replacing parts! I would
concur with Theo that every half inch at the spring is equal to one inch at
the wheel (from trial and error, not math).
 A word of warning, I had a lot of trouble with the rubber spring insulator
deforming the if the spring did not fit square. With Koni shocks (very
little clearance) the rubber would bind on the shock and after compression
the spring would not rebound (testing on a non-moving car).
 My stock Tiger springs measure 4-1/2" O.D. and 3-1/2" I.D. My accuracy and
differences in the spring should be considered within 1/16"  .
Tom Witt B9470101