Another "Smog the Classics" drive!

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Another "Smog the Classics" drive!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:11:18 -0800
Tigers and 'Pines of California,  (and the rest - take heed)

They are at it again - smog the classics!  Although this is California
proposed legislation, the rest of the country's enthusiasts should take
heed.  For good and bad, it all starts here and rolls across the
country.  The environmentalists will get you, and your leather shoes and
upholstery, no matter where you live.

This is quoted from a SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's
Association) alert:

"We have an URGENT alert from SEMA this week about the California
Legislatures attempt  to harm our hobby ..... Again.....   Years ago
there was a struggle to get 30+ year old vehicles  exempted from the
vehicle exhaust laws..... Very sensible to most intelligent people....
but it took years to get it through the California legislature and now
Sally Lieber (D) Dist 22 has sponsored legislation that would repeal
this exemption making our classics and muscle cars  subject to exhaust
emission standards..... RIDICULOUS !   I would think that Sally would
have MORE IMPORTANT issues to be concerned with in that great state
..... Like budget.... jobs leaving...money leaving..... Immigration
.....  But Nooooooo..... She wants your 67 Tiger to pass smog, or be
scrapped.... It is URGENT that you contact Ms. Lieber and your
legislators to see that this bill fails.  It's AB2683  you can reach her
at  assemblywoman.lieber@assembly.ca.gov
<mailto:assemblywoman.lieber@assembly.ca.gov>  but more importantly ....
notify YOUR  representative and tell them to OPPOSE this bill."

Thanks to SEMA for giving us this  "heads up"....

--
-----

Steve Laifman
Editor