Re: Oil Gauge Line Fix

To: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Gauge Line Fix
From: "Al Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:28:09 -0500
Brennan's advice...." Since you will be messing around with the oil pressure
gauge, be sure to
> REPLACE the pipe coming up to this gauge.  The originals are black
> plastic, but they get brittle with age, and have been known to crack
> with little provocation."

Mine burnt thru on a hot header many miles from home on a road trip to a
show in Connecticut, but we were able to affect an emergency temporary
repair (thanks for the idea, Beau) by simply clamping a vice-grip on the
severed end and taping the vice-grip wrench to the firewall brace.
Immediate solution: The CAT braided stainless replacement. Don't leave home
w/out it!