Re: REPLYING to a List Post

To: CoolVT@aol.com, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: REPLYING to a List Post
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:40:24 -0800
"CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

> Steve,
> Could you very clearly explain to all of us dummies what has to be
> done on this deletion thing?  Does it make any difference if we are
> responding to "everyone" or just the "sender" or what? And, exactly
> what has to be deleted?   Just give it to me a  1st grade level:-))
> Thanks,
> Mark L."

Mark L. (CoolVT) has asked for some clarification of the reply "killer"
addendum added to all list postings, but NOT to a message, or copies
addressed to the original list poster's email, directly.

Mark, I would be glad to oblige, but this is like our Government
Official Secrets Act - "If I told you, I would have to shoot you.  :-) "

Meaning, if I were to actually quote the words added to all postings by
our team.net server, this very message would not go through.

HOWEVER, I think that by judicious use of the "Censors Pen", to edit out
any "costume malfunctions" or other impermissible views, it might be done.

Here is the highly edited version of the killer addendum

First, every line that should be deleted from a quoted reply begins with
"Asterisk, asterisk, asterisk", and contains a hot underscored link.
The first line ends with them, as well, and includes the URL for team.net.
The second line is blank.
The third line contains the words uns#bcribe/-------- more stuff!
The fourth line ends in "/majorcool"
The fifth line ends in "/listinfo"
The sixth line ends in "/archive"
The seventh line is blank.
The last line admonishes one to do an edit to your reply - which also
means to edit the original list post quotation, if possible.

These should ALL be removed from any reply that includes the original
message, or it will NOT go through, and you will NOT be told.

If you do not follow this explanation, refer to the sample added to this
very post, below my name:

Steve Laifman