Re: Tire choices for a MK II?

To: Richard Swift <richard@swift.on.ca>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire choices for a MK II?
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:41:49 -0700 (PDT)
I strongly recommend www.tirerack.com for Yokohama AVS ES100, 195/60-14
or 205/60-14 at ~ $70 ea. I run this tire with Panasports on my Miata
(205/45-16), Tiger (F:205/45-16, R:225/45-16) and the older (better AVS
Intermediate) version on my Jensen Interceptor (235/60-15). The AVS
ES100 has much better tread life than the old AVS Intermediate with
only slightly reduced traction. For the money and relevant sizes (ultra
low profiles are a different ballgame), I have not found a better tire
for wet/dry traction and cornering. Independent of cost, it's a very
close second only to the Toyo T1-S (at somewhat higher cost). If you
want a tire that gets 40k miles or works in snow, neither of these are
the tire for you and you should sell your Tiger.

Stephen Waybright

 I have a nice new shiny set of