Tires for MkII Tiger

To: Richard Swift <richard@swift.on.ca>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires for MkII Tiger
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:13:52 -0400
Hi Richard:
The recommendation for tirerack.com is a very good one.  You will find lots
of useful information there, including customer feedback, etc.  I just this
last week ordered a set of 14 inch tires from them for my Tiger.  I decided
to upgrade from the stock 13 inch wheels/tires because of the lack of
choice of 13 inch tires for high performance cars like the Tiger (MkIA, in
my case).  The recommendation for the ES100's is good if you want maximum
performance.  I opted for a set of Dunlop SP Sport A2's which are a little
cheaper.  Although the ES100's are good, I don't like the look of the tread
pattern on a classic sports car and the Dunlops are a little more
traditional (both appearance-wise and historically) as Dunlop RS5's (bias
plys!) were original equipment, if memory serves.  In any case, I ordered
185/60x14's for the front on 6 inch Panasports and 195/60x14's on 7 inch
rims for the rear.  Although my Tiger is faster than when I got it new in
1966, I'm not, so a max performance tire is not what I need.  Good luck
with your search and send me a pic when you get them on.
Regards,
Tod