F4B install

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: F4B install
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:08:34 -0400
Listers,

After all the discussion about the PVC connection we (a friend/mechanic
and I) just finished today installing the F4B intake manifold. The old
one took two of us prying away with a six foot crowbar (well maybe not
that long) but it took us a good hour to remove it. We believe that's
the first time since it was install in 1965-66 that it has been off the
engine. Is that possible? Everything seems to be in pretty decent shape
after a cleaning up. I also found the engine tag (260 65 5 5-A 510).

After dry fitting the F4B along with the Holley Carb (1848) I could
easily get the hood closed (Thank God). I almost think I could have use
the 302 spacer.

Anyway we were able to use the rear fitting on the manifold for
servo/PVC connection. Their was just barely enough room for a right
angle connector in front of the firewall. I have a couple of pics if
anyone wants them.

Jim