WHAT ARE TIGERS WORTH THESE DAYS?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: WHAT ARE TIGERS WORTH THESE DAYS?
From: "Ivan Moldowan" <headcoach@procoaching.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:01:20 -0700
BlankI would dearly love to know what TIGERS are worth, as I am preparing to
sell the two I own.

To all you Sunbeam lovers out there; any idea of current market values?

The Tame Tiger, which I've owned since 1991, is a '66 Mark 1A in fairly
original shape, with fresh (maybe 300 miles on it) 289 power with a warm
(Comp 286) cam, a 4-bbl, new exhaust system, and a just-this-week
refurbished fuel system. Except for the dash pad, which has a couple of
splits in it, and old windshield rubber, the interior is in great shape.
There is a brand new still-in-the-box top, too. There's no rust anywhere
that I can see, the bumpers are nice and shiny, but no one will fall in love
with the awful brown color the car was painted. Here, in British Columbia,
the car is original enough to be given "Collector" plates, which happens to
be a bonus when it comes to insuring the car.

The other one, the Wild Tiger, is a Porsche color, Signal Red, '65 Mark 1,
which I've owned since 1980. It's had quite a few modifications, but only a
Mustang hood scoop has changed the lowered body. It roars like an untamed
Tiger as it has a very hot 289 with early Windsor 351 heads with Chevy valve
springs, roller rockers, a beefed-up bottom end, (perhaps 5,000 miles on the
motor), F4B with 4-bbl, headers, 2 inch exhaust system, big clutch, of
course, 3.54 posi rear end, 15' 5-stud wheels, front cross member welded up
properly, runs not-too-hot with its big rad and extra electric fan, etc. New
brakes were put in last summer, along with a new clutch master cylinder.
(I'm sure there are some other modifications that I can't think of right
now.)

Why am I selling them? Well, old age is starting to set in, which is the
main reason I can't remember all the modifications and extra features!

If you can help me ascertain the current market value of these two cars,
I'll be most grateful.  And if anyone knows somebody who might like to own
them, I'll be grateful, too. Of course I'd like them to go to good homes,
where they'll be loved; they're like members of the family, as you
understand.

Thanks for reading all of this, and thanks in advance for your valuable
input.

Ivan Moldowan

Vancouver, BC

Canada