Ball Joint Boots

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ball Joint Boots
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:17:48 -0700
Some time ago, Bob Palmer discovered a replacement for our lower ball joint
boots. It was identified as VW Part No 211 405-375 fitting a Type II VW
Bus. I currently have need for a supplier for these or similar Ball Joint
Dust seals. VW no longer services this part directly and my search of
aftermarket VW suppliers has come up empty. Ball Joints I can find, but the
seal supply seems to have run dry. I've looked at JC Whitney and suppliers
that normally sell to the VW Bug specialty houses.

I have a very nice Urethane Boot from an SN-95 Mustang application that
fits tightly but does work.  I suspect the boot is a Moog product, likely
K8661, but I've long since lost the packaging and any direct
identification.  The urethane boot has a number on it as follows: An
equilateral triangle followed by 032 060 036 012.  Not much help in
identifying the manufacturer.

Anyone with a line on a supply for the VW boot, the aftermarket Mustang
boot or another alternatives?

Tom Hall