RE: ebay Tiger

To: "'Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)'" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>,
Subject: RE: ebay Tiger
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:07:10 -0600
Hi Tim,
I can't really tell if you're trolling or if you're serious, so:

There are lots of Tigers out there with incorrect rivets, that are otherwise
obviously original - including mine. Non-OEM rivets just indicate that the
VIN plate was removed at some point - the bad thing is that you can never
tell with 100% certainty whether it was reattached to the original chassis.

According to my understanding, Rootes made numerous running changes in the
sheetmetal and other mechanical details, and as a result, any reasonably
complete and original Tiger can be verified to be self-consistent, i.e. the
VIN corresponds with the chassis details, as well as the obvious things like
the diff and transmission tags, and the major exterior features
(round/square corners on body panels etc). Most Algers turn out to be
inconsistent enough to be identifiable on a number of counts.

Best regards,
Theo