RE: Tiger EBay (digging deep and looking close)

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger EBay (digging deep and looking close)
From: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:42:02 -0400
I guess my question is why anyone would want to do all of those things to a
Tiger?  Moving the battery forward and altering the spare to vertical are not
going to do anything positive to the balance of the car.

Some questions that come to mind when I read the ad:

If the advertiser knew that the speedometer had been replaced why does he say
that the mileage is exactly what is on the odometer?  He says in his
descricption that he is not sure that the 66805 is the real mileage.  Sounds to
me that if he has the "original speedo", ands it's not in the car than he knows
that 66805 is not the original mileage.

What does he mean by saying that the rack and pinion is not in the car?  Is
there a Tiger crossmember in the car, or has that been removed for owner
convenience as well?

Who knows whether it's the real thing or not.

Even if it is there is a lot of work to be done if you want to get it back the
way it should be.  If you are content with a tiger that has been this modified
why not buy a nice V8 conversion and skip the 25 large that it would cost to
get this one home?

'Course then there's that shiny red convertible in the spring thing.

Caveat emptor.

Scott