The ACTUAL FINAL eBay Tiger end

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: The ACTUAL FINAL eBay Tiger end
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:38:26 -0700
The auction was canceled by the seller, Chad Slagter, of ACMotorCars.com
, on Jun 5, '04, 17:27:35. This is due to the negative reactions he
received from my e-mail that detailed the questions of the interested
List members I sent to him, and his explanation posted in the Auction as
added information on June 2, '04.

This entire offer has been removed from the eBay server, but I kept the
item in my "follow this item" list, as was able to retrieve it. Here is
the addendum he put in from our questions. (SL)

On Jun-02-04 at 07:48:39 PDT, seller added the following information:

"Hello. I have had a few questions on this rare car. I appreciate your
interest and hopefully, this will help you with this Tiger. First of
all, I would like to you to be aware that this is a TRUE TIGER with a
couple of the restoration items done the owners own specifications. The
collector who traded this Tiger in here gave me the California
Association Of Tiger Owners 1996 Membership Roster. The man he purchased
the car from was registered there and had the car registered with that
membership roster also. To answer many of key questions, when the
vehicles restoration was done by the collector here, he had the trunk
converted over to an Alpine pan. He choose the Alpine floor over the
original Tiger floor pan because of the availability and also giving
more room in the trunk. He also relocated the battery to make more room
and the install a battery shut off switch. This transformation moved the
battery, filled the mounting holes for the secondary trunk floor, filled
the jack mounting holes, moved the spare into a vertical position,
filled the mounting holes for the sub floor strap brackets. The stock
windshield bottle hardware was done away with also in the restoration by
the collector here simply because he did not want it. The speedometer
was changed out to a 120 MPH speedometer because the original
speedometer is no longer working properly. I have the original
speedometer available if you like. The shifter was replaced with a Hurst
shifter when the motor was upgraded to the 302 V8. I listed it as having
leather and that was my mistake. I cannot verify whether it has true
leather or the simulated leather that most interior restorations are
done with now. The build date of this Tiger was December of 1964. The
title states 1966 because the car was not purchased until 1966 by the
first owner. The VIN plate rivets are different because the plate was
removed and replaced during the restoration. The exhaust is aftermarket,
and I do have the original available also. The rack and pinion was also
changed out with the new motor because it was operating incorrectly.

Once again, I greatly thank you for your time and interest in my Sunbeam
Tiger.

Sincerely,

Chad Slagter"

Enough prior and intended bidders must have withdrawn their high offers.

It shows what a dedicated group of concerned individuals can accomplish
with the proper approach, and the facts in hand. Congratulations to the
list for making the details of the offer clearly stated, whether or not
it was an altered Tiger.

Congratulations, Tiger List Member participants.

Steve Laifman
(EMail comment forwarder)