Re: Smoky Tailpipes

To: "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smoky Tailpipes
From: "Gary" <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 07:49:47 -0700
Scott,

If its a Holley 600 list 1850 like mine...
They come with jets at least 2 sizes too rich.  My 289 ran better when it
was
stone cold with no choke than after it warmed up.  Are you "adjusting the
mixture" by changing jets??  OR are you adjusting the IDLE mixture screws?
I arbitrarily went down 2 jet sizes on mine and it runs MUCH better.

Gary