Re: Word of Warning

To: MWood24020@aol.com, sunbeamtiger@Prodigy.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Word of Warning
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:42:34 EDT
On the wheel nuts...I've always thought that the torque spec in the Tiger
manual was awfully low...doesn't it say something  like 40 lbs?  IF so, that is
not very much.  I thought that the manufacturer specd the torque based on the
stud diameter.  If so, I'm sure we can go safely to 80 lbs or so without
damage. I would think that they'd stay on at that rate. I know mine have always
been
at 60-70 and have had no apparent problems.  Can someone clear this up for
us?
Mark L.