false floor

To: Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: false floor
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:16:52 -0400
My Tiger 1A came with a lot of original stuff, but no false floor. I
managed to buy an Alpine III piece at SUNI III from Mr. Wiencek to try
and adapt to my car.

It's 14 1/4 " tall
17" wide at the top
15" wide at the bottom
The lower mounting brackets are 7 1/4" apart
The top  has two spot welded brackets 1 3/4" deep that each hold a
rubber bumper.
There's a lip around the three outer edges. The inner edge has a lip 3
1/4" long at the top.
The inner edge doesn't match the contour of my Tiger trans tunnel. I
would probably want to look to see what others are using for the false
floor on the passenger side of Tigers. My one photo of Rodger Martins
former Tiger  shows something holding up the carpet on the right hand side.

I also haven't yet found the part described in the Rootes parts book.