right angle oil filter adapter installation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: right angle oil filter adapter installation
From: "joe brackin" <joebrackin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 21:14:32 -0400
Well, I finally got tired of oil hoses that leak and make a mess, decided to
purchase the Ford SVO right angle oil filter adapter. I decided to install
this weekend, removed the old original remote setup, no problem. Removal of
the old remote fitting on the side of the block leaves a female 1" diameter
"hole". However, the right angle adapter(M6880a50) is looking for a 3/4 inch
male nipple, not a 1" dia female.
I suspect the adapter is expecting a standard oil filter nipple to be on the
side of the block.
So, where do I get a fitting to screw into the block 1" female and leave the
3/4 oil filter type nipple exposed?  So far, none of the local Ford dealers
have the part, or any way to even look up the part number. Anybody who has
made this conversion had the same issue?