TR8 4 sale

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 4 sale
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:37:37 -0700
Apologies to the list if promoting a Triumph on a Sunbeam Tiger list is
a faux pas.  I'm  a long-time British car guy- bought an Anglia in 1966,
an MGA in 1967 and so on.  I've owned this TR8 for five years and I am
moving on to other cars.  The TR8 was one of the last gasps of British
Leyland to produce a sports car that could compete with the Japanese or
the Corvette.  A TR8 isn't nearly as powerful as a Tiger, but the
concept is similar.  They are more refined and more pleasant to drive.
Readily available performance modifications to the 215 V8 can make TR8s
go very fast.

For Sale:

1980 TR8 w/ twin Strombergs.  5-speed, 18,000 miles; original except
for brakes, shocks, struts and tires.  I installed new rotors and new
rear slave cylinders last year along with new pads and shoes.

Put in new KYB shocks and struts.  Five new Dunlop tires were installed
because the original tires were developing bubbles in the sidewalls.
The top is original and still looks nice, and the paint still looks very
good.  It's poseiden green with tan interior.  The interior looks like
new.  Original AM-FM radio that works.  AC does not work, nor does the
temp gauge.  It has a pre-oiler device that circulates oil so that when
starting the car after it's been sitting for a long time, you have oil
pressure.  Other unoriginal feature- prior owner had the bumpers
professionally painted
with a gloss finish.  I've sorted out most of its problems in the five
years I've owned it.  Like me, the prior owner kept it indoors and drove
it rarely.  I'm selling it because I only drove it 2,000 miles in the
five years I've owned it.

$9,800/offer.

A photo can be seen on Sports Car Market magazine site:
http://www.sportscarmarket.com/classifieds/index.php

Don Scott
Calistoga, CA (Napa Valley, near San Francisco)
707-942-0546