RE: Front brake caliper rebuild

To: "'Chris Mottram'" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front brake caliper rebuild
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:23:44 -0400
Chris
        I believe Sunbeam Specialties carries this seal, that seal is not in
the rebuild kits.
If all you have done is just split the caliper apart and you have not
disturbed the seal you can probably reuse it.

        I have done this several times.   You need to inspect the seal to
make sure it is in good shape and all surfaces of the seal and caliper need
to be clean for assembly.   Torque the assembly to spec and be sure to check
the calipers for any leaks after you install them on your car.

Exhaust system;

There are 8 rubber isolators that mount the muffler and tail pipe to the
car.    I believe Sunbeam Specialties has the parts.

Ron Fraser