Re: Glad to see the list back...Engine Removal...

To: prbreuhan@hotmail.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Glad to see the list back...Engine Removal...
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:17:42 EDT
After doing the obvious:  remove carb, radiator, generator, header  tank,
hood, drive shaft, trans mount, etc heres a good tip.  Plug the end of  the
trans.
When it tilts up, the trans oil will run out the back.

Been here done that.

I pulled my cross member first.  This made everything real easy.
Shove the engine forward into the opening where the radiator was
and lift.  Lift until the tail stock clears and then lower the  engine
and trans unto the floor.  Then two guys can roll the car off on  the
back wheels.

Two of my wrench heads and I took about 3 hours.   That included
assembling the cherry picker, torching the down pipes off,
removing the trans from the engine, putting the engine on a stand,
and taking the cherry picker apart.  No record for sure and the
race guys can do this much quicker.

Dave Johnson